The Company Officer
Some words to think about as the Company Officer….
- The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority, Kenneth Blanchard
- Contrary to the opinion of many people, leaders are not born. Leaders are made, and they are made by effort and hard work, Vince Lombardi
- The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and the self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it., Theodore Roosevelt
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy, Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity, George Patton
- Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it, Dwight Eisenhower
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things, Peter F. Drucker
- Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights, John Wooden
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do, John Wooden
- Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability, John Wooden
- Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work, Vince Lombardi